Sweet Salsa Pepper - Organic
35 seeds per packet approx. 72 Days.
Sweet, flavourful cone-shaped kapia pepper. Also known as Spanish cherry and lipstick pepper. Produces 3” x 2” fruits with thick walls. Matures from green to bright red. Very sweet flavour when mature red. Great for salads, grilling, salsa and pickling. 72 days Pkt contains 40-50 sds.
- Start indoors 6-10 weeks (March – April) before your last spring frost. Sow 4-5 seeds 6mm (¼”) deep in 10cm (4”) pots and cover lightly with soil medium. Keep soil moist but not too wet. We keep under lights at a temperature of 26.7-29˚C (80-85˚F). Germination rates can vary drastically from 10 days to 21 days. Thin seedlings to 2-3 per pot. Once seedlings develop their second set of true leaves, prune the first set of true leaves. Pruning the leaves forces secondary growth and creates a bushier plant. We do this on several leaf sets. If seedlings become too leggy, place them in a cooler location. This will slow them down and make their stems thicker. Transplant seedlings when soil has warmed up to 15.6-18˚C (60-65˚F). Plant transplants 45-61cm (18-24”) apart in rows 61-76cm (24-30”) apart.
- Note: Peat pots are not recommended for germinating peppers. The pH may be too high and peat pots retain a lot of water that may drown the seeds.
- Soil Conditions: Well worked, rich, loose and well-drained soil. Ideal pH: 5.5-6.8
- Planting Depth: Sow seeds 6mm (¼) deep.
- Germination: 8-25 days.
- Height at Maturity: Plants reach 45-61cm (18-24") tall. Compact bush habit. Spread can be 40-45cm (16-18”) wide.
- Days to Maturity: 62-85 days.
- Watering: Peppers require about 2.5cm (1”) of water per week. Allow water to completely soak the soil 15-20cm (6-8”) deep. This will ensure good growth, whether vegetables are grown in single hills or wide rows. The amount of rain that falls during the week will help supplement how much you should water your garden. Soil should remain moist.
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Spacing after Thinning Plant transplants 45-61cm (18-24”) apart in rows 61-76cm (24-30”) apart.
Season & Zone
Diseases & Pests
Find out about the hottest discounts and biggest sales as soon as they take place. Sign up for our newsletter!